Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Unemployment

Well I just spent 2.5 hrs queing at the dole office sheeeeeze all I was after was a PPS number, not sure what PPS stands for, hang on i'll google it, ok its a Personal Public Servic number, and a microsoft powerpoint presentation file. It was blinkin depressing the que went up the street and round the corner and there weren't many happy faces in it. The girl that ended up serving me after > 2 hrs was the only one doing the PPS section and she was slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, at one point she went to photocopy my documents/ passports etc and I could see her chatting to her pal, felt like saying hey theres another 700 people waiting but I retrained myself. Ireland has 13.7% unemployment at the moment up from 4% in January 2008. She took about 10 mins to photocopy my things, I recon a spell in the que would help her work ethic. Anyway in 7 - 10 days I am to expect the number to come through the post and I can start to get moving with forming a company etc gawd knows how long the que will be there lol.

Another whinge is the difficulty involved opening a bank account, this is due to the amount of fraud apparently, and money laundering. We are still waiting money to be transfered so we can buy a car. I have been looking for a estate car the dogs can jump in the back of without demolishing the seats.

Gawd I hate queing.

Waiting in Line

A minister waited in line to have his car filled with gas just before a long holiday weekend. The attendant worked quickly, but there were many cars ahead of him in front of the service station. Finally, the attendant motioned him toward a vacant pump. "Reverend," said the young man, "Sorry about the delay. It seems as if everyone waits until the last minute to get ready for a long trip."
The minister chuckled, "I know what you mean. It's the same in my business."

No comments: