Not much been happening here apart from my usual gardening stuff, this time of year is good for reclaiming parts of the property that haven't been done yet as I'm not having to cut lawns and weed and yeah there are no midgies. I hope to get lots of reclaiming done over the Winter myself and will maybe get helpx folks to keep on top of things next Spring and Summer.
My Subaru Forester has now been in the garage for about 8 weeks, there was nothing wrong with it but I decided to get it commercialized to save on road tax, the road tax here is unbelievable €2700 a year for a 2.5ltr petrol AWD. I just cannot afford to pay that and noone would want to buy the vehicle with that much tax yearly. The commercial tax is €330 per annum but the back seats have to be removed and seat belts welded up / back windows blacked out. We have a Ford station wagon as well as the Subaru so if anyone is visiting they can be run around in her. 8 weeks to do the job doesn't seem to faze anyone when I tell them, hey this is Ireland and paperwork here can take forever.
My good friend in Canada is giving me her, surplus to requirements, Samsung S2 as mine went on the blink, she has just upgraded hers to a newer Samsung and there is nothing wrong with the old one. Anyway I rang Canada the other day to talk about the phone and I get the call free as long as its less than an hour, the call lasted about 8 mins and I thought nothing more about it until a couple of days later I went to ring my Mum in Scotland and the wee icon on the phone showed it was still connected SHEEEZE checked my bill and no worries it hadn't been connected for 50 hours solid PHEW.
Terrible the murders in Paris last weekend my thought go out to everyone involved there and also all over the World those that are dead and maimed by this most recent religious conflict. Led me to research ISIS a bit further than what is broadcast in the general media.
ISIS differs quite a bit from al Qaeda in that it It wants to establish an Islamic caliphate, or state, stretching across the region. ISIS imposes Sharia law in the area it controls. Boys and girls must be separated at school; women must wear the niqab or full veil in public. Sharia courts often dispense brutal justice, music is banned and the fast is enforced during Ramadan. Sharia law covers both religious and non-religious aspects of life.
I found it interesting that:
Percent of Muslims who favour making Sharia the official law in their country (source: Pew Forum Research, 2013).
In many countries where an official secular legal system exists alongside Sharia, the vast majority of their Muslim citizens favour making Sharia the official law. For example, while the Egyptian military may have blocked the Muslim Brotherhood's efforts in this direction, 74% of Egypt's Muslims still favour it.
Even in Jordan, Indonesia and Malaysia - Muslim countries with progressive images - the relatively secular ruling elite sit atop Muslim masses, 71%, 72% and 86% respectively of whom want their countries to be ruled by Sharia.
And in Iraq, where the United States shed blood and money for over a decade to try to plant democracy, 91% of its Muslims want to live under Sharia.
According to the Sharia law:
• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand
• Criticizing or denying Muhammad is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah, the moon god of Islam is punishable by death.
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (per Muhammad's words in Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A woman can have 1 husband, but a man can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife but a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed only in property cases, carries half the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to be eaten must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be Halal.
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.
• The list goes on.
If you ask me the bombing should stop, the refugees should all troup back to their countries where they can happily chop bits off each other, and live under their Sharia Law without the West meddling in their affairs.