Thursday, November 14, 2013

I should have been a journalist

The very nice gentleman who delivered my coal and peat this morning started teasing me about wind farms, he thought the hillside above the house as well as the bog below would be excellent for turbines due to the windiness of the place. He was saying this with a straight face and I was just about to start lecturing him when he started smiling and told me he had been reading my blog and that I should have been a journalist. Apparently he had happened on my blog while searching for the Martello Tower on the shores of Casla bay, I had mentioned it in a blog when I was out sailing a while back. Its a small world and I have a post it note now, on my monitor to be nicer to the feckin Irish in future :)

Its dry this morning and cool with the NW breeze, Angie gets home from her UK trip (second this month) so it will be nice to have company.

Its a strange old world we live in when someone can spend £54 million on a stone (The Pink diamond), and $250 million on a painting (The card players by Cezanne) while the world's average salary is $1,480 (£928) a month, which is just less than $18,000 (£11,291) a year. 4779 years for a stone. When I win the Euro millions lotto tomorrow at around £100,000,000 I will be looking for a full time gardener, a dog sitter and a helicopter ohh and I may start my own paper "I always fancied being a journo" he said nodding his hoary head.

No comments: