Wednesday, February 23, 2011

trees down

Well there were a couple of dozen trees down today after a bit of a breeze last night, reminded me of one Christmas back when I was a lumberjack hehehe this sounds like a made up story but its not, anyway I used to use old engine oil to lubricate the saw chain and would carry a jerrycan up with me to where I was working, filled with oil,  I also had a jerry can for petrol and the two cans plus a canting bar, for rolling logs I used to leave up there instead of taking up every day. I had a few days off over Christmas and when I got back half the forest had wind blown on top of my cans. It took weeks to cut back through to were I had been working previous to Christmas. Felling windblown trees is very dangerous as the branches store energy and when you cut through the main lumber the huge root divit falls back into its ground and the branches force the tree to jump back.

Got a busy afternoon here away to volunteer to fix up stuff for old folks lol I'll probably break more than I fix but hey its the thought that counts, then I have the solicitor to check out laws for setting up the bike hire business at 1600 then Mark the next door neighbour is coming round for a games night, darts and chess and maybe a few beers and the rugby on in the background as I have the house to myself.

I was dreaming about sailing boats last night but not wee tupperware ones the one in my dream was more like the flippin Bounty had all these storage areas and loads of potential lol. This house here will be good for keeping the boat and running my hire business from as it has electric gates and a huge drive/ paved area infact the whole front garden is paved, probably the owners have 15 cars. Talking about cars some good advice is not to swear at other car users, Eddie was driving down the road and a met a car coming the other way. Although there was room to pass easily, Eddie forced the oncoming car to slow down and wound down his window and shouted 'Pig'. The other driver looked in his rear view mirror and swore at Eddie. Then his car hit the pig.








No comments: