Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bionic man


Well I have been fitted with a new elbow, I sort of knew I'd made a mess of the old one, my surgeon was in for a chat and he said it was a big job with tendons needing fixed as well as the shattered joint.
Ok for those in the know,

Findings:

There is a comminuted fracture of the head and neck of the radius.The head of the radius is fractured into multiple fragments with a large triangular shape fragment lying in the posterior aspect of the elbow joint. There is approx 40% of the articular cortex of the radial head lying adjacent to the capitellium in a roughly congruent alignment. There are multiple smaller fracture fragments within the humerothochlear compartment, of coronoid orogin. At the posterior margin of the olecinanon is a further larger fracture fragment.

Ohh the image is after they installed my titanium bitty.

No comments: