Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Iphone applications


I have an apple iphone and it is the best phone I have ever owned infact its the best device, I'd like to share some of my favorite applications with you.
1. Shazam. Shazam identifies music tracks by pointing the phone at the music source ie a radio, and clicking tag this. Its really handy for finding out the name / artist of a song that may be playing on the radio, I use it a lot in music rooms on paltalk rather than asking what track is this all the time i just shazam it.

2.GPS Motion X. This application is so good I bought the proffesional one which set me back $3.99. When you start the program, you are given the basic GPS information - latitude, longitude, altitude, accuracy, signal strength, etc.
The second information screen is a stopwatch feature that is combined with waypoint creation. Pressing start automatically creates a waypoint, so you can always get back to your starting point. It is designed for hiking, jogging, biking, etc.
The navigation screen is only useful when moving. It provides bearing information, speed, distance to a selected waypoint, bearing to the waypoint, estimated time of arrival, etc. All very useful information.
Lastly, you have a map screen, which tracks your movement relative to waypoints. Note, this is not a satellite map or a google map, it simply contains the information about latitude, longitude, and waypoints. With this, you can track you exact path if you have the navigation option selected.

3.XE Currency. This application converts your money into other currencies, I have A$ , EUR, Pounds sterling, HK dollars, Fiji Dollars and Tonga Pa, anga on my settings but it has all world currencies and up to the min conversion rates, handy next week in HK when I want to haggle on the price of something I can convert eassily back to $.

4. Skype. Using this application on my phone I will be able to speak to my skype contacts for free on my mobile, or phone for the skype low cost tarif to other phones worldwide, all it needs is an internet connection which can be found in most hotels and hotspots all over.

5. Navionics Marine. This application turns my tellephone into a chart plotter, amazing the whole of Australias marine charts on my phone for $13.99 I love this application.

6. Evernote. Evernote allows you to easily capture information in any environment using whatever device or platform you find most convenient, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere. This is great for To do Lists, and taking notes, I'll try and do a blog daily on holidays and will use this application to record my thoughts during the day .


7.Holdem. Texas holdem poker game, I use this one heaps when in a que.

No comments: