Friday, November 7, 2014

Helpx and heavy rainIt's only 1630

Well Chris my Spanish Helpx guest arrived on Tuesday night, I picked him up in Galway off the Dublin bus and we spent yesterday cutting and burning dogwood, chopping and stacking logs and also managed to get the yacht mast dismantled and rigging stored for the winter. Yesterday was find weather and I don't think he believed me when I said " we may only get a couple of days like this in the month this time of year". Today poured rain most of the day so we stripped wallpaper off my bedroom walls after moving the furniture to another bedroom. Angie is away tonight, home tomorrow and away again on Saturday until next Wednesday, so I am hoping to get the room finished and painted by then. The walls need some filler and sanding and so does the ceiling so even if it is rainy we will have something to do.

It's only 1630 and dark here already, it feels really wintery, one of the men at the marina yesterday was saying he heads to Spain for December and January every year and misses the worst of the weather, sounds like a good idea to me.

No comments: