Friday, February 17, 2023

Geneology and my family tree

 I got given a DNA testing kit for Christmas and the results came back today. There was nothing really surprising in the results with 91.7% of recent ancestors being from the UK, mostly SW Scotland and Northumbria where my Mum is from. 

I added the results to a website I have been working on in my spare time instead of watching Love Island or Sam Smith, its at  http://shairp.xara.hosting/ 

It goes back to 1562 and I got a bit carried away with my research so the website only contains direct ancestors on my Paternal and Maternal sides and indirect ancestors on Angela's side. The site is quite bland at the moment being of a more a database than anything fancy and for viewing on a bigger screen than a phone but I might jazz it up a bit when I finish linking all the pages etc and do a responsive version.

 


                                                               http://shairp.xara.hosting/ 

 

Feel free to leave a comment if I have made any mistakes. 

No comments: