Saturday, April 4, 2015

Arabic weather

Well we have Arabic weather here just now it was Shiite all week now it is Sunni. In fact today has been great and I got lots done in the garden. Am starting a hugelkultur bed now,

Had a load of stumps and odd shaped branches not ideal for burning on my stove so have made a large pile of them which I shall cover with soil and see how it goes. Found out about this German idea for horticulture from a website at http://www.richsoil.com/hugelkultur/  normally I would have burnt the smaller stuff but this is killing two birds as the area I am building it on is boggy and I am hoping the water will be diverted away when the mound forms.

Have a great showing of Daffodils this Spring and there is a wee bit colour about now so I took the trusty camera out.














No comments: