Thursday, March 23, 2023

Book censorship in 2023

 

I love books, they are a great way to escape normality and be immersed in a different world, hard and softbacks fill shelves in my house and over the last dozen years Kindle and E Readers have taken over as my preferred method of reading. Because I work on my own, I will often be listening to a story on an audio book as I go about things. If I like an author I will look out for their next offering and buy their book, so I am disgusted to find out that my eBooks are now being censored after I have bought them.

When I buy a book I am buying the words of the author, they chose the words they wanted to describe the moment or scene in the text. I think this is why sometimes a movie doesn’t do a great book justice. I buy the book for the authors words not those of some literary nihilist.

The literary nihilist who recently led to the censoring of books by Roald Dahl is a Non-Binary, Asexual, Polyamorous Relationship Anarchist, the fact that such a minority, albeit loud, proportion of humankind can have the power to insist classic books are censored and then changed after they are owned by others I would say belies my comprehension but it doesn’t as I think this censorship by an extreme leftist minority is just another small part of the Great Reset, yet another move to Totalitarianism by the self-proclaimed “Elites”

Throughout our history writings have been destroyed by elements trying to outlaw free speech, the communists burned untold numbers of decadent western books and writings in the Soviet Union from the 1920s on, Hitler and the Nazis did the same, others as far back as Emperor Qin of China, in 213BC ordering the burning of all philosophy books and history book

No comments: